Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
America's Salmon Forest
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America's Salmon Forest  (Read 2042 times)
G_Smolt

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:37:09 PM »

Peeps-

Threw this up on Buster Wants To Fish early this morning, but I figured I would put it out for the forum's eyes as well. Here is the Buster post:

The Tongass: America's Salmon Forest

The takeaway is down near the bottom, and goes a little something like this:

"We know how development and unsustainable logging practices affect salmon and trout habitat. From California to Northern BC, we have seen the effects of watershed development undertaken with wild salmon and trout viewed as a resource not to be worked around and protected, but to be mitigated against, almost as an afterthought. The time has come to place salmon and trout conservation and restoration higher on the priority list. Trout Unlimited Alaska, along with a small but growing coalition of folks, is pushing to gain durable federal watershed-scale conservation measures for 77 watersheds deemed the “best of the best” in terms of spawning and rearing habitat for wild salmon and trout in the Tongass National Forest."

If you haven't already, I urge you to visit www.americansalmonforest.org and take a look around. This is a coalition website aimed at educating the public to the potential threats facing the Tongass National Forest and a proposed solution - not and end, but to viewed as a good start.

Thanks for looking.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: