Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
skagit help
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: skagit help  (Read 2049 times)
stóralax

View Profile Email
« on: January 22, 2011, 09:03:09 AM »

good morning guys! Grin
I m new here and even newer fishing with skagit stile Tongue
I m trying to get into skagit and i thing that it is better to star with a light rod , I have been using a lot  a T&T  12 feet for line 6 (single spey , under and over hand)normally with a switch line.
so my question is these one...:what it´s the best line for that rod ? and what will be the right setup(tips, belly,running line and something else ;Þ)
thank you for your time.
and I forgot that I use the scierra mpa 12"  7/8 .questions are the same as before;Þ
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:02:13 AM by stóralax » Logged

SpeyNick

nicovilleneuve603@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »

Well I'm kinda new in fishing with double handers rods, but I think that It's mostly a question of preferences, I mean, a twelve footer can cast almost every spey line I think. even scandi head, skagit head ,skagit short etc . . . So a set up can be right for someone but maybe it won't reach what you like because everybody is having different style of rods casting stroke etc . . .

But, I'm sure that some people on this forum may help you to make your choice by yourself and to tell you which set ups could be right for you depending of the place you fish. But we're all different, some people are having a smooth casting stroke, so maybe they prefers longer lines/heads , other are faster when they cast so maybe they like shorter lines etc . . . that's why I'm waiting the spring before buying anything, I'll try some different lines with my fly fhop's dealer just to see what match my preferences, I think you should do the same.

Regards,

Nicolas

Fight To Preserve Wild Fish In Wild Rivers

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: