Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Big fly storage
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Big fly storage  (Read 4846 times)
SnapT

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2011, 07:29:42 PM »

What everyone using to store their large flies? I have been looking at one of the large brief case style boxes, but that wouldn't do well for mobility or tubes...My current favorite is a cliff bugger barn, but I think there has gatta be something better out there. Any suggestions?

camodrifter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »

I really like a small plano box.  or a ziplock bag. 

squamish

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »

I have used little plano boxes,  but recently I got this small cheep plastic pencil box, it is a little deeper so the bugs don't tend to shaw shank there way out while doing the in stream fly change.  I glued some foam to the inside top to hold some hooks,  I put a big rubber band around the hole woks and shove it down the front of the waders and done.   For tubes I find a zip lock bag is a good set up.

On a side note,  I came up with something this year.  I got one of those sham wow cloths for a gift, since I am not going to wash the truck buy hand when I can just drive it through a car wash once a year,  I decided to cut and sew it into a small bag type thing, added a shoe lace to hang around my neck and I shove it down the wader fronts and or in side the jacket.   The point being is I toss the used truders in there when changing them out,  the sham wow sucks all the water out,  get home take them out shake them out and they are fluffy and good as new.  Just thought I would share since I assume I am not the only one who finds wet mangled flys in pockets the week after using them.  

Low Holer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 01:20:00 AM »

A little marketing pitch - I have a gucci box coming out under my label soon.  Can't unveil the details but it will be the answer to your big wiggly storage issues.  I hope to have some video promos hitting the web late winter/early spring!

squamish

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »

what!  no one likes the big fly drying bag idea?  I gave one to a buddy and his only complaint is that it now smells like a skunk and has roaches living in it. Huh

Cant weight to see this box Scott is talking about, kinda hard to look pro around the clients if every time they crack off a fly I am rooting around in a plastic box with duct tape and rubber bands holding it together.

Have you guys seen some of the things on the market catered to carrying intruders and such ??  hmm no thaks!   but I am sure the low holler fly holder will be the muts nuts as I think these  skagit master dudes kinda know what is what. 
I will put my foot forward to be the first Scott Howell fly box pro staffer  ( or just weight for them to hit the shops)

SnapT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:43:25 AM »

Well that sounds exciting! You're just a big tease aren't you!!! Thanks for the suggestions, I like the sham-wow idea.

mkskagit

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 07:12:25 AM »

I hope Low holers gucci bag matches my waders and jacket- hate being on the river when my accessories dont match the outfit. Its just the worst.

I got  a big blue heron fly box that will hold about 16 intruder's, then I will usually carry a ziploc with a few tubes and leeches.

Sham wow now theres an idea- mine im sure would get a few roaches living in it, and probably be covered in boogs- but a good idea

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 02:04:22 PM »

I use 70ml snap cap plastic tubes from my wife's breast milk pump.  Wash first.

JM

skagit mist

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 03:17:24 AM »

I keep mine in a mega box that stays in the truck. And then i have a morrell salwater fly box that goes in my sealine hip pack which keeps them dry.

Northwest winters make steelhead chrome that much brighter

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: