Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Traditional flex??
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traditional flex??  (Read 3531 times)
Sandspanker

Steelheading is my drug of choice!!! And its good

nordy55@live.com
View Profile Email
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »

So with traditional flex spey rods. are they mainly used for scandi spey casting? Looking at a trad flex spey ros thinking of getting to use skating flies in the summer time. using either a 40+ fly line or a speyicator line. If I were to get a 7wt rod in trad flex would I need a 7 wt line in 40+ or go to a 8wt??

FK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »

Traditional flex rods were the early rods used mainly with long belly lines and DT lines.

There are very interesting discussions on this site for rod actions.

http://forum.skagitmaster.com/index.php?topic=664.0

Regards,
FK

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »

My favorite rods for all steelhead fishing are considered "traditional flex".  They are smooth but powerful.  Fast action rods can drive wedges into a wind but aren't necessarily the best skagit head/winter steelhead/heavy sink tip tools unless you load them with ton of grains because they load and unload very fast.

The newer traditional flex rods are a pleasure to fish.  The old ones just weight a ton.  Unless it's the old SAGE 7136-4 Brownie.  That one still makes the cut often.

JM

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: