Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
went casting today. had a freind watch me and tweak my stroke.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: went casting today. had a freind watch me and tweak my stroke.  (Read 2268 times)
Sandspanker

Steelheading is my drug of choice!!! And its good

nordy55@live.com
View Profile Email
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:41:15 PM »

This was my 5th time casting the long stick. I can single spey and double spey and today learned a snap C cast. So what does everyone think??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn125VP94Qk

G_Smolt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »

Looks like you are getting it out there where it needs to be...tell your cameraman to lay off the coffee next time.

Some things that I see - your anchor placement is a little "far out" on your doubles. Try to get it inside your rod radius...as you progress, you will want it closer, say, 5 feet in front of you and 5 feet to the casting side. On your sweep, try a flatter plane - closer to the water until you bring the tip up and around in the Wardian "45° thrust". Keep your elbows tucked into the body, remember to use your bottom hand, don't straighten your top arm out, and pretty soon you will be throwing into that guy's lawn across the way.

FWIW, as long as you get it into fishable water and concentrate on that part, you are doing just fine.

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »

Sounds like G Smolt has it covered.   Remember that adding power can make things worse if your timing isn't good.

Keep it smooth and accelerate to a stop at the end of the casting stroke.   Make the butt of the rod slap your belly with your bottom hand if you see open loops.

JM

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: