Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skagit Master Forum is here!  (Read 7190 times)
camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »

This is the place to share your thoughts and experiences with others who have seen the light when it comes to steelhead fishing with a two handed fly rod.   Short heads, sink tips and big flies mean more steelhead.   It's time to start a community of like minded anglers!

Low Holer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:45:44 PM »

Finally a place to swap lies with the enlightened!  I have had my fill of the angry and disillusioned on the other blog sites.  There is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion - comparing and contrasting concepts is what makes blog dialogs interesting. BUT, I have lost my patience with the long belly angler from half way around the planet preaching to me (and others) how to do it here in the PNW.  Let me be clear - I don't care what you enjoy throwing.  If long bellies on a 16 ft cane rod is your shtick - great, have at it!  In the end, it's all about having a good time.  But, be careful not to let your ties to tradition cloud your vision of the truth (especially if you're going to get on a soap box and preach to the masses).  I like to make an analogy with skiing.  If wooden telemark skies are your thing - super!  Just don't try and convince me you can win the Olympics on them!

Good fishing!

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »

I know a ton of people who would like to fish with you Lowholer...(funny by the way)  In fact just yesterday another guide friend said the he and I should hire you for a day...not to low hole you but learn just what it is that makes you so Jedi.

I told him I'd steal everything I could and spread it around after the production.  No need to book a day. (Joke)

J

TheSpeyCaster

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 07:28:53 AM »

I have seen the light and now using a skagit line love using it and love watching the running line shoot through the guides I use a airflo compact on my loomis

SnapT

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:03:19 AM »

I have followed another two hand site for over a year now, but never chimed in because i always felt it was petty that every skagit post turned into a discussion about "ethics" or "flossing" (with a two handed rod, come on) or tradition. Its refreshing to see a place where i can participate without worrying about stepping on too many toes.... That being said, i rather like a bit of controversy and a little heated debate, just don't want a war to start every time someone says "sustained anchor" 

seldom seen smith
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »

Here here, all hail skagit!!!!

Low holer , are you a tele miester as well?? maybe you should swing up to V I this winter.
steel for breakfast , powder for lunch , jagermiester for dinner

Pesca
Powder
Pussy

The 3 p's in life ( depending on the time of year the order will change up )

As far as ethics and casting styles go , people should be more worried about what is happening to our fish than how we are catching them.

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:24:24 PM »

the 3 P's...Great stuff.  Glad you all like this forum, for exactly the same reasons I started it...

thanks and spread the good word...

JM

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: