Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Anchored With April Vokey
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anchored With April Vokey  (Read 579 times)
camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »

Nearly two years ago April interviewed me at my home for her podcast.  I’m very happy with how this turned out.

After spending time on her site, I can see why she’s putting in the effort. Our oral history should not fall into a black hole. 

Thanks for listening.

http://www.aprilvokey.com/podcasts/

JM

9140 greenie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:17:07 PM »

Thanks for posting the interview. It was a good listen. I have a lot of thoughts but I leave you with a couple. Fly fishing was my gateway to enjoying the sport of fishing. I had no real interest in fishing until I picked up a fly rod. If someone would have given me that reply, I would have been turned off; not to fly fishing, but to the culture of fly fishing. When I started, I became a hardcore trout fisherman who didn't understand a steelheader's mentality. But I loved to cast a fly rod and I became enamored with casting. That was my path to chasing steelhead.
  I think that you should post some of your outtakes and bloopers. That would be entertaining. You have some great stories and I'm envious at how you are able to articulate your thoughts and ideas.

Tight lines,
Keith

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:41 PM »

If someone would have given me that reply, I would have been turned off; not to fly fishing, but to the culture of fly fishing.

Keith

Which reply are you talking about? 

I don't believe there were many bloopers or out takes.  The podcast is pretty much how it went down.

Thanks for the words.

JM

JDJones

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 11:14:59 AM »

I thought it was a great interview, no two ways about it. A lot of behind the scenes nuggets on what goes into producing something like this. Convincing sponsors to fund such a project that targets maybe 2% of the sport fishing market, is a monumental achievement in itself. Putting it all together in a way the DVDs do not not become just another boring show & tell is an under appreciated skill sometimes unnoticed.   

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: