Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Jerry French interview
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jerry French interview  (Read 4764 times)
9140 greenie

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »

Great interview with Jerry French regarding the fly he helped develop "the Intruder."
I've never  had a chance to meet and speak with Jerry or Ed on the brainstorming that went along with this fly.  There were plenty of articles written on the fly, but to hear how the fly evolved was interesting to say the least.  I hope I'm lucky enough get a chance to speak with Ed and Jerry one of these days.  The interview answered a lot of questions, but I have many more.

http://www.aprilvokey.com/podcasts/

Rick J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

great article. I have been very lucky to have fished on several occasions with both and there is an amazing amount of knowledge between these two awesome gentlemen. One evening I had the pleasure to sit down with Jerry and have him show a couple of us fly tying techniques after a trip on the river. What he does with fur and feather is truly a work of art!

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:04:51 PM »

I like what April is trying to do with the pod casts.  Archiving the great stories in angling (in this digital age) by way of way podcast will preserve the content for years.  I wish her success. 

JM

Swingforatug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:34:10 AM »

I've listened to it twice now. My adoration for this sport and the people who have made it what it is today grows constantly as I learn more. Growing up in Anacortes I have heard tales of the good old days of the sound rivers, and I never want to stop hearing them.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: