Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Skagit Master 5 to include OPST!
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skagit Master 5 to include OPST!  (Read 2855 times)
camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2015, 07:08:11 PM »

Great news.  OPST has committed to sponsor Skagit Master 5 and place their fly lines in the show and involve the key players within the company.  What a great combination of talent and product!

Look forward to the completion of SM5 in 2016.  Good things take time and I believe Skagit Master 5 will be the best of the series, featuring the latest Skagit line designs used to pursue trout and bass in places traditionally though of as gear water.  Commando Heads, mini spey rods and single handers will open the door to new angling opportunities.  I'm stoked!

Thanks OPST

http://www.opskagit.com

After you visit their site,come back and sign up to be a member of Skagit Master, if you haven't already and watch the first 4 movies, or buy the DVDs directly from: http://skagitmaster.com

JM

m04a17

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:12:57 AM »

Nice!

Storybook

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »

Can't wait for this.  To tell you the truth the OPST lines are a bit confusing at this point.  Spey equipment including lines have their own nomenclature different from single handed fly fishing.  But now OPST seemingly has come out with their own.  Don't get me wrong, I'm an equipment HOR and will definitely be giving these lines a go, but I wish we could get some universal references.

FK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 08:27:13 AM »

I was initially a little doubtful these very short Skagit heads would be comfortable to cast.

Tested some on my new Trout Spey rods from Sage,,, very efficient design.
Requires slowing down on the sweep and D loop formation up to the Key position.

OPST  & Ed Ward have a great new product.
The lines appear to be made by RIO Products.

Immediately ordered a full set of lines for fishing and rod/line demos in our Spey Casting classes.

I know Ed Ward has been cutting and splicing ultra short Skagit heads for many years on his micro Spey custom rods.
My earlier attempts with making 14-16ft Skagit heads for Trout Spey applications are crude compared to these new lines.

Regards,
FK

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: