Pages: [1]
Author Topic: mini intruders  (Read 3064 times)
trouthunter

View Profile Email
« on: March 06, 2015, 06:52:33 PM »

Hi all,
I would like to tie up some mini intruders to swing with my 5  wt. conversion rod I built. Thinking of using some craft fur, after watching the video of senyo's craft fur intruder. I will be swinging mainly for browns,landlocks, and brook trout. Any ideas on sizes and colors? I'm sure someone here has done this already!

taney2hand

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:31:26 AM »

I fish a tailwater in southwest missouri with small intruders and disco sculpins.  I shrunk mine to be able to run a size 8 or 6 stinger. So far, it works on the rainbows and browns here.  Most of the effective colors here have been olive, with red and some shade of brown.  Basically sculpin colors.  I tie mine with composite loops like jerry french demonstrates.

Nathan Metzger
Lake Taneycomo, Missouri

KiwiSkagit

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »

Mini and micro"intruders", how small do you want? Really your only limited by you imagination, and hook size. I regularly fish small streams from tiny creeks, to streams 4/5 meters wide, and use to fish a lot of down and across wetflys, soft hackles, and emerger patterns. So upon my discovery of intruders, a whole new world of possible patterns became a possibility. How small? The smallest I've made was an intruder style fly 12mm long, with a size 16 stinger hook. But i found the most practical to be tied on a size 10 long shank nymph hook (14mm shank) with a wide gape or octopus stinger of a size 10, on a fire line stinger loop of 10lb. If i can ever work out how to post a picture from my phone, or i can email to someone who can post them up for me I'll add to this thread. Otherwise have a look on the OPST Facebook page at the post on mini intruders, in the comments i posted a couple of pictures.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: