Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Grande Ronde flys
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grande Ronde flys  (Read 3376 times)
SnapT

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 03:10:28 AM »

Ill be primarily fishing the Clearwater and Grande ronde this year. I will continue using a skating pattern similar to a McMillan Caddis, and also a couple of my standby stinger patterns. I was wondering if anyone (Ed...hint hint) could point me in a direction of what they prefer to throw on this river for fall as well as winter. I've been having decent luck the last two years on drys and on stuff Dredged on the bottom, but can't seem to connect often on dry line wets, any insight would be awesome.

-Travis

G_Smolt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »

For surface film or unweighted dryline stuff, think small (sz8-sz14) and generally dark. A few strands of electric blue or purple prolly wouldn't hurt either.

SnapT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »

Wow, thats a little smaller than i expected to hear, the smallest i fish on that river is a 6 or possibly an 8.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: