Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Any New Year steelhead yet?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any New Year steelhead yet?  (Read 4530 times)
camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »

I don't hit the river until Feb or so but I'm always interested in seeing pics of those early winter fish.  I'm sure some of you have had success. 

JM

9140 greenie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:06:57 AM »

Happy New Year Camo,
I hooked up on a monster fish on the 1st.  It was the last run of the day, on a popular run that people had packed up and given up on.  The day was spent fishing really small pieces of water because the runs were already taken.  I was trekking back to the parking lot when I saw that the run was empty.  My rod needed to be restrung; so after getting things in order,  I began working my fly on a very productive inside seam.  After about maybe twenty casts, I thought I felt something, I thought I did something (I really don't know I was pretty tired), but my reels starts screaming.  The fish jumps downstream then upstream about five times.  After the fish's afterburners were spent, I fought him with just about all the sinktip in the rod.  I finally grabbed the leader, the fish shook its head and the knot broke.  In the fading light I couldn't see its color, but I could see that it was big.  Even at my rod tip it was too dark to get a good look at it.  But I saw the adipose.  It was great to hear my click pawl scream: It was a great fight.  I clipped the fly to my reel and made a river crossing with my headlamp.  The fish was just about everything I expect from a native jewel.  Everything you read about.  A great New Years.

Tight lines,
Keith

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:33:11 PM »

I don't get to fish much, but it's been good when I can.  Thanks to a good buddy, (Banknote) we recorded the event.  One of two where the first one said "See Ya" and left the zipcode. Had to straight line'm.  

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:35:30 PM by camosled » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: