Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Burkheimer rods are SWEEEET!
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Burkheimer rods are SWEEEET!  (Read 4239 times)
chaveecha
« on: July 08, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »

This is my only Burkheimer because I am always out of money. Kerry built this 7133 for me back in...hmmm...I forget. But it has handled some heavy duty stuff, including some feisty king salmonoids. Sadly, I mostly only catch smolts. I don't blame Kerry for that. Mostly I blame Mishler, because he always drives into my spots with his effing jet sled and scoops me. Can you believe that? I mean, what kind of guy would run a jet sled in the first place, much less zoom down and scoop his buddy?

Anyway, back to Skagit poles. I like Burkheimers, I like Echo rods (in my price range, thanks, Tim!), I like my old Sage 7136 which is actually Silvey's old one that I bought real cheap in Welches, and I like my Scott 7128 which is now repaired!! Thanks God.

I will like Vision Spey rods when they turn the handles down so they are less like horse's penises.

I think Winston wants to be like Burkheimer. Now they finally make good Spey poles, but remember the Derek Brown Special? Wow. Now that was a stinker! But Winston is coming around. Burkheimer rules.

Horatio

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:18 PM »

dood the old Scott 1287 is excellent! I am starting to collect them.

Low Holer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »

Is Kerry even still building rods?  Does he have some new stuff out?  I used to love his rods but I can't tell you the last time a client showed up with one.

I have a guy with me right now that is fishing a couple Loop rods.  I am busy guiding so I have not had a real chance to play but I can tell you, I am not hating them!

SLSS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:31:58 AM »

Burkies are sweet as ever- try some of the new 11 footers.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: