Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Second of the year
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second of the year  (Read 6301 times)
FutureWaterfowler20

View Profile Email
« on: November 02, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »

This fish ate it on the dangle. My question is why does a fish eat the fly on the dangle. I was just getting ready to strip in the line and moved my rod tip up and the fish crushed the fly.

MacSuibhne

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »

That's happened to me a number of times, just as you've described.

My theory is that the fish sees this suspicious looking character behaving outrageously, follows it,  and when it stops, waits for a moment or two to see if it makes any more false moves.

Raising your rod tip a bit or taking a small strip is just the final straw, the fish just won't tolerate any more rudeness and goes postal.

Cool
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:21:54 PM by MacSuibhne » Logged

Tight Lines
Tioraidh

ohiohunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »

were u fishing im from northeast ohio also

FutureWaterfowler20

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:53 AM »

I fish all over northern ohio. Doing pretty well so far until my rod blew up this past Tuesday. Good thing my buddy had an extra Z-axis I could borrow for the day.

the last two are from this Saturday when that winter storm rolled in. It was temps in the low teens and blowin 30+ and snowing!

ohiohunter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »

looks like fun im just starting to swing flies things not going so well for me

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »

You guys are hardcore for sure.  When it's that cold I hunt ducks or keep my feet warm at home.  We experienced that 18 degree weather when filming SM4.  The rivers froze solid at the mouth where they dump into Lake Erie and anchor ice choked them upstream.   

JM

FutureWaterfowler20

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 07:27:20 PM »

I had surgery on my right shoulder august 15 (labrum repair) so today was my first day out hunting. And I managed 3 big ducks with a buddy. but everything but lake erie and a few rivers is frozen already. so unless you have a 20 foot duck boat, you take out the chain saw and cut a hole! but yeah it has been decent fish so far. popped two more fish yesterday! fuchsia Prom dress has been the money fly here. Thanks to Scott!

ohiohunter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »

Are the rivers frozen yet up that way.

FutureWaterfowler20

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »

no sir!

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: