Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Dave's Bad Hair Day from SM4
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dave's Bad Hair Day from SM4  (Read 9176 times)
m04a17

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:59:59 PM »

I'm loving SM4...I'm still pretty new to the two-handed game so having video instruction set on some of my "local" waters is great.  I tied up a few of the "Bad Hair Day" flies Dave Pinczkowski ties in the video.
Took some swimming today for smallies...I added an Aussie Possum sculpin head à la Kevin Feenstra and some rubber legs.  Worked out pretty good.

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »

Wow.  Your smallies are fat.

Nice tie.  Dave would be proud.

JM

17 th allman bro

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 04:44:09 PM »

nice bug for shure and a great smallie  to right on. i have made some like that but just used craft fur insted of the possome it makes a lighter fly but sometimes you cant beat the possome.

FK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »

That is one very nice Smallie, thanks for posting.

A hard fighting & under rated fish.

Regards,
FK

m04a17

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »

Well, it's been over a year since I first posted this.  Since this time, the Bad Hair Day has become my go-to pattern - my primary flashabou delivery system Shocked.

I do two primary colors - the olive "Eat a Peach" with green and copper flash and a black and blue that I use at first light.  Both have caught steelhead, bass (lots of bass), brown trout and as of this morning a little pike.

The olive fly seems to consistently pull good sized bass out of their holding lies on my home river, when other things won't.

I've tied up lots of other colors, with white and a red head (senyo's laser dub) as well as the black "eat a peach" having produced really well.  In additional to black and blue, I"m going to try flo. yellow with a blue head and blue flash for early Kings over the next few weeks.

Thanks again Dave - this pattern has up'd the quality of my fishing experience big time.  Major confidence in this pattern.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:32:49 AM by m04a17 » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: