Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/skagdvd/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
BC Food / Border Regs?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BC Food / Border Regs?  (Read 9655 times)
bacon_to_fry
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:29:08 PM »

megenerd question, i do realize. in need of help, as miscalculation could mean devastation.

that said, planning food for a float up north this fall and was wondering if anyone had any experience crossing the border with a few coolers of meats? i recall getting questioned before, but can't remember how i wrangled my way through. fairly sure this was a mad cow prevention thing. an aside, all meats will be cooked.

anyone know the regs on bringing meat across the border? or where to find said regs?

thanks, fellas.

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »

last time they ask me if I was bringin' any food over the border, so I figure meat might count at that....dunno if they'd ever look, but it would suck if they pulled your prime rib from the cooler and threw a barbecue in your honor that night...

G_Smolt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:56:02 PM »

Fellow MegaNerd Bacon-

THIS is the query database that can tell you on a day-by-day basis what the canuckistanian folks are letting through.

Jealous bastards...

seldom seen smith
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:05:11 AM »

Canuckistanian???

What the f__ck over??

What is it we are jealous of???

Oh, it must be that we don't have an ocean of oil to clean up!!

Long live the bush's , cheaney ,rumsfeld , and all those other  good folks running the show (very jealous they are not ours).

By the way  someone up here started growing cows and processing them for meat a couple of years ago so should have some ready to go for ya.

Sorry bout all them tax's, but someones gotta pay for all those boys to eat their P R while sitting on their capital hills ,then bail em all out when the table collapses cause its too full of BORROWED steaks.

Query database that MF!!!

G_Smolt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »

Eeeeasy there, smith. Take advantage of your greatly reduced rates on mood-controlling medications...

It was a Joke. As in, Ha Ha.

seldom seen smith
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »

Dude
I run a wake and bake here every day and that shit still pisses me  off.
I would'nt be spou'tin that crap up here!
Remember when pointing  a finger at someone there are 3 pointing back at ya.
That does'nt apply to me cause i lost those 3 fingers in a bowling incident a # of years back.

p.s Its homeland security types that make the border the happy place it is. They way i avoid it is just not to cross it. Except  for the odd foray to hammer on your steel!!!

I'll probably be red flagged just writing that name on here. Oh gawd the fear!!!!
Now that's a joke!!!!!!

camodrifter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »

WTF?

thedude

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 06:03:34 PM »

Don't mind SSS. He's on the waiting list to see a shrink, its over a year long due to the "Universal Heathcare"...

camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »

Play nice gentlemen...

Thx,

JM

seldom seen smith
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »

i'm out

have a good trip bacon, hopefully it will rain before you come!!!

Low Holer

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 02:53:59 PM »

Wow - Bacon, thanx for taking the heat!  I left Spey Pages because I was the one getting the arse rippin' over there.  It is nice I have found a place where somebody else is the ass hole.  I think I will hide behind your cover here!

Hey - nice meeting you this summer!  Hope to hook up and share some time on the water in the future.

As to your question about transporting meat over the border.  I used to live in BC as a landed immigrant and would travel back and forth across the border with my house on wheels several times a year.  I always had meat in my freezer and it never raised any flags with the border officers (keep in mind this was over 10 years ago).  However, I did find it interesting that they would go through my freezer making sure I didn't have any pop guns or weeds wrapped up in freezer paper.  No worries about hauling any contraband over the border.  The same guy that is now raising cows has also figured out how to cultivate and he has some good fertilizer!

SSS - easy buddy!  We could use some good Canucks contributing on this site.  My wife is Canadian and I had her read the thread.  As a proud Canadian, it raised her hackles a bit too so, point well taken - but let's keep it cool!

seldom seen smith
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »

no probs lh
that dudes fert rocks!!

just think some jokes are good at parties and others best left for the cab of the truck.
still trying to find the humor/hidden meaning in canuckistanian. guess i'm simple cause i just don't get it???
i'm all for cool and that ain't cool.

no ill towards you bacon or anyone else lets just keep those jokes in the truck , like i said all the best.
shes rain'in finally!!! that's all that matters.
8 weeks of high pressure makes a guy a little tense!!!

lh , hope you did'nt let the wife read about the 3 p's!!

bacon_to_fry
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:19 PM »

thanks for the help guys.

based on the comments here, we've pretty much just agreed to scrap any hope of preprepped meals in favor of holing up in a Prince George TravelInn and vacuum-sealing 45 dozen Tim McHorton's Apple Fritters.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: