Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Steelheading in the Year 2065  (Read 4060 times)
camosled
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »

String theory
Steelheading in the year 2065
by Jeff Mishler

The steelhead fly in my hand is the Orange Iridescent Resonator, set on plus one. It is one of three flies I bring to the river during the mid winter season.  My technique is pretty solid after two seasons of intensive work with the upper watershed mind master nicknamed Hickmanimal.  Thanks to his teachings rooted in the ancient practice of telepathic resonance projectionism, I've been able to keep my tackle needs clean and concise and waste very little core-cerebral, negatively charged, tendril essence.

Hickmanimal, the crotchety old codger, prefers to live in his remote, rickety cabin by the river, away from other Newbies and Neophytes seeking his Obi Wan like teachings.  He rented the place for the first time back in 2009 and finally bought it for a steal following the fiscal death of the US economy in 2014 following the catastrophe known as the Euro's Fatale Complete.  He strongly believes living near the river and feeding on it's aqua-indigenous energy keeps his ethereal connections clean.  One can't argue if you've ever seen him swing a purple Hyper-anti-static Radiator Spey--based on the old Fish Taco patterns he tied as a kid.  The original pattern utilized actual bird feathers to create a bite-enticing undulating action.  The new radiator spey creates the same contrasting, light on dark, life-like silhouette as the Fish Taco by incorporating injection molded silicone appendages that wiggle in the current like a Hula Skirt blasted by a class 5 hurricane, and a semi-transparent gelatinous core surrounding the tiny resonator he uses to project his amplified pojections, back to his positively charged self.  Hickmanimal makes the resonators from old micro chips he digs from the noses of spawned out salmon clones lining the river bank below his cabin.  In late October and early November after the coho spawning season it's easy to recover a couple hundred in a night of casual poaching.  Of course it's not legal to remove the chips from the carcasses, but the technology is considered antiquated by everyone but our state wildlife agency so the enforcement officers turn their back to his sweeping flashlight. Back in his hovel, using an ionic cross modulator, Hickmanimal repositions the positive and negative charges found in the ions of the copper conduit channels in the micro chip.  He adds a titanium based infinite loop to the circuitry and then dips the works in paraffin before inserting the chip into his famous radiator series of steelhead clonagent attractors.  The unit is powered by solar photo receptors integrated into the gelatinous mass surrounding the hijacked and reformatted micro chip buried deep in the paraffin.  As the purple Hyper-anti-static Radiator Spey swings through the run, Hickmanimal stands casually with one hand on his hip and the other extended towards the river like a grand master yogi trying to mind meld with a student, he leads and sweeps the offering down a bouncy run some 100 feet away using only ten percent of his inner resonance.  A presentation like that, for a semi-refined resonator wannabe like me requires total concentration, 85% of my resonance, and a little extra direct-transmografied projection at the end of the swing to keep the fly upright in the current as it comes around.  I often lift my gaze and look towards the horizon, cerebrally drifting a bit just when I need the most positive connection to get my presentation back.  Bringing a resonator up through the water column to the surface and back to your hand knocks the piss out of my telepathic vinegar and if a fish eats the fly down there at the end, where the conflicted energy is weakest, I need all of my negatively charged ion-fueled reserves to link with the resonator and do battle with a semi wild clonagent from the upper basin of Skeena proper—the stock they now plant in this stretch of river.   If you've ever felt one of those at the end of your meta-phased tendrils, you know what I'm taking about.   The Aggregated Genetic Cleansing act of 2022 made these steelhead rowdy partners in any mega-tendrilized battle. 

It's hard to explain how cool this passion is to those who don't choose to resonate.  It's a challenging technique.  My grand father used a modulus based flexible graphite rod to cast long chunks of colorful PVC attached to barbaric looking offerings constructed of real animal fur and feathers (called flies) with faint hopes for success on the original ancestors of our river's cloned leviathans.  I never understood the analogy.  A fly is small.  It moves about quickly.  It is a pest.  The old patterns my grandfather used looked more like free swimming ocean creatures or resident aquatic insects and crustaceans.  The term fly must have been a general term representing a genre of attracting patterns.  Our modern resonators aren't tied from feathers or fur or animal hair because as you all know, pro-peta legislation in 2025 made it illegal to use those organic materials for any reason other than cloning the original donor.   The Resonators I carry are gelatinous molded structures carrying ion charged organo-receptors replicated from the fibrous elements of the cochlea found in the inner ear of a rare species of South American Fruit Bat, officially called Artibeus Furiaii, named after the environmental lawyer turned winged mammal scientist Joseph Furiante back in 2022.  It seems these bats are able to communicate their path of flight by projecting energized messages into the tiny vacuums (or vortex) created behind each wing beat.   These energized markers traced the transmitting bat's return path to the cave.  Other geno-typical bats intercepted these wakes of energy with the sonar-like cones in the center of their foreheads funneling that miniscule electronic force into their internal compass systems.  The microscopic hairs of the cochlea in each ear would vibrate as the bat passed through the vortex of another cave bound bat and essentially steer the receiver bat back to the cave. This forehead positioned, cone shaped “magnetic resonance interceptor” was officially
discovered by the great flying mammal scientist, Thomas Langloy Laritemies.  Apparently, these metaphysical communication capabilities kept the bats together during the earth's electro-magnetic reposition of 2032. By consistently grouping tightly, compressing their bodies in daylight hours at the ceiling of the cave, their internal organo-receptors were not damaged by the magnetic reposition.  Safety in numbers was the reasoning. 

It wasn't until the herbalist Edward Heppinger discovered a powerful increase in essence centered, positive/negative resonance potential by combining 1/3 Pacific Northwest Black Cap tea with 2/3 Black truffle tea, a pinch of Afghani Hashish and a drop of Raw Honey.  Two hours after consumption, volunteers in his initial study group experienced rages of telepathic communication and cerebral familiarity with geno-atypical subjects. Others took to the forest and began pulling animate forest beings into their energy sphere by simply raising a hand and pointing a finger at the desired entity.  Soon butterflies, birds, chipmunks and hummingbirds hovered about the subject's head, waiting for the next metaphysical gesture to follow.  For String Theory proponents, like Hickmanimal and Laritemies, this discovery brought metaphysical fibrous distance connection and pervasive fibrous interplay into our modern lexicon.   For steelheaders, it finally meant one could cast, or introduce the modern resonator---molded to imitate a known steelhead food source-- into a holding zone with the specific intention to trigger latent feeding responses.  One could now control the presentation of the offering using energy generated within the angler's essence, radiating from the angler's fingertips, sent down and out through the life force of a million invisible, but very energized, strings.  And depending on the angler's chemical receptiveness to the anti-toxins and subsequent chelating effect of the mushroom tea, if the connection was strong and positive, steelhead of up to 20 pounds could be landed on these metaphysical inter-connected strings alone.  Once you've had a semi-wild geno-specific steelhead clonagent pulling on your entire being, struggling, fighting with it's entire being, the rush of an adrenaline filled basal response to this energetic co-mingling of forces usually causes physiological changes in your brain.  Not always, but in most cases, the experience leaves one needing more, with very little explanation.  For the first time in your life, you just know that's what you're suppose to do with your time.  Unfortunately, for those loved ones existing within your connected circle of energy trans-mografiers, the process of making another connection with a semi-wild geno-specific clonagent is all you can think about. 

rubberguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »

got any of that tea left???  Shocked

Horatio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »

This is pure gold!

Brookieslayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:09 PM »

"that's gold Jerry, that's GOLD!"